Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Relay for Life

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    msue5
    Participant

We attended our local Relay for Life last night. The Infusion Center where I go sponsored a team for their patients. It was humbling to see the effort they put into making sure the patients they take care of were honored. I walked the survivor lap and was the last one in. I kept having to stop because of Abd spasms and pain in my leg but I made it! They also honor the caregivers which is so important. My 11 yr old grandson who lives with us said he should get 1 also and he’s right. He does countless things for me every day without complaint or even asking. Yesterday I fell while trying to do some gardening and he had to help me get up. He then said You are done gardening now and you are

not allowed to do this when I’m at school! At dark we walked around to find my luminary and as I looked at it the candle burned out. Only mine! After my son listed my name as “in memory of” instead of in support of” I’m wondering if someone is trying to tell me something! Well they are going to have a hard time cause I plan on sticking around for a while.

Mary Sue

Shirley Z
    Participant

Hi Mary Sue,

You have a very loving family. Grandkids make our lives so special.

I know I already posted on your carepages but I just had to reassure you that you are not going anywhere anytime soon. Thats an order my friend!

Shirley Z

msue5
    Participant

Order received! Thanks Shirley. Hows your leg? Tonight my neck pain is better and I will sleep. My infusion is tomorrow at 1pm.

Mary Sue

Shirley Z
    Participant

So happy you were able to get a spot for tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

Leg is better today. The heat and humidity last week really messed me up.

You’re in my prayers Mary Sue.

Love ya,

Shirley

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.