Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Research on why some fail PD1 drugs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster
    EricW1
    Participant
    Anonymous

Yeah, that was my take on it too. The mutations are so rapid, a sort of “natural selection” process takes place. The ones that survive can multiply. kinda like killing flies in the barn. If you use only one agent and don’t get them all, they can multiply over time so it’s best to use multiple agents in combination and sequence to keep them under control. This idea might explain why the combos and sequences can work so well with melanoma.

Lot’s of good work going on now and I’m sure this investigation will lead to others as well.

Jeff

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I agree, remarkable progress, yet too slow for many sadly. Let’s hope there’s a breakthrough soon that isn’t toxic!

msue5
    Participant

This is not related but does anyone know the wisdom behind using the 10mg/kg dose of adjuvant treatment of Ipi. If I had been offered that I would worry that I would develop toxicities that would prevent further use if you progressed to Stage 4. I’m not talking about me specifically just a general question.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

No wisdom that I know of, just based on the clinical trial. Most patients have negotiated down to the 3mg.

Joshf
    Participant

So is there a way to test for these mutations? Think that’d make sense instead of just moving on to another drug that won’t work anyway. Does this apply to ipi as well? The BRAF drugs etc….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.