Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Results from PD1 after 12wks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tasjacques
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

We want to share our good news with all the warriors who have supported us through this amazing forum.

My husband, Jacques, had treatment with Z back in January – which helped but very shortly developed Stevens Johnson. Then followed treatment with Yervoy in March – after two infusions had to stop because tumors were growing exponentially :( Spent 6 weeks without treatment – the longest weeks ever!

June 7th he started MK 3475, Scans of targeted tumors in May 10th showed: liver the biggest at 5.9 cm x 7.0 cm, another one at 3.9 cm x 4.8 cm, lung tumors were at 2.1 cm x 1.8 cm, and 1.9 cm x 1.8 cm, and many other ones. By August 27th CT scan (12 weeks) all of them showed a 73-85% reduction!!! Treatment center even repeated the CT scans 4 wks later and still showed more reduction :)

We are super delighted, excited, and are so encourage that we are going to beat this beast!

Jacques has come around from no walking, no talking, and sleeping all day … to having our first hike this past Sunday, and going swimming in the ocean on Monday.

Take care all of you, keep praying, never give up!

Elenise & Jacques

Anonymous

That is such WONDERFUL news!!

There is much these days to be thankful for and look forward to in your journey.

I’m glad to see you all enjoying life again.

jeff

Biljana
    Participant

Thank you so much Elenise for posting this. It makes me very happy to know there are people like your husband. It gives us hope. May it last for long long time!

Your story is so important for me because my tumor burden is similar with Jacques. I also had first Z (not so successful), and now Ipi. I’m doing my best to find suitable clinical trial or compassionate use and get anti pd1, but it is still not possible.

As I said, your story again gave me hope,thank you for that!

Biljana

tasjacques
    Participant

Thank you! I do wish soon this drug will be available for everyone.

We will continue enjoy a day at the time :)

Elenise

Sandalwood36
    Participant

That is outstanding news! Congrats and God speed to you and your husband. I wish you continued success and good health!

Sula
    Participant

that is brilliant. I’m so happy for you, and encouraged for the rest of us. I hope Jacques continues to feel better & better..

-Ursula

tasjacques
    Participant

Thank you to both of you.

It is interesting how things can change so fast, this time for the good :P :P

Elenise

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.