Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Save The DATE! PD1 Webinar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Antoni Ribas, famed melanoma researcher from UCLA will present an update on PD1 on November 30th, noon EST. He has much experience with the therapy and this will be a very enlightening webinar. Please send your questions to: cpoole@melanomainternational.org

Sharmon
    Participant

Great News, This is one I will not miss. Tommorrow is 1 week for Brent on the Anti Pd-1 trial from Merck. I can see a change in his energy level today and some tummy troubles. His pain meds make him sleepy and I can’t tell if that is the situation or the immuntheraphy. I will keep you posted.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Could be a little of both, but pain meds do upset your stomach and make you sleepy. Pati had some stomach distress and she’s been on it for 8 weeks now I believe. And she has some tiredness but minimal that I can tell with her high energy. Hope this works for Brent.

alankravitz
    Participant

Try to get him to comment on the design of the new BMS trials, no one seems to be willing to talk about the design.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I discussed it with the PD1 team at BMS last week. And it seems between the global regulatory and US FDA there is little choice. The endpoint has to be overall survival for approval I’m told. I did comment that there may be difficulty in folks staying in the trial. 2/3 will be getting PD1 and 1/3 dacarbazine or Taxol/Carbo patient and doctor choose the chemo depending on what the patient has had previously. Sites aren’t open yet but will post here when I hear.

Now the Merck trials opening at the same time just about, will have crossover. They are phase II and will be also randomized to chemo with a few more choices, Temodar (a product of theirs) etc.

I don’t know if they will face more scrutiny in approval or not. I only hope the trials move quickly to approval so we can add this therapy to our arsenal without delay!

jamesa
    Participant

Catherine,

It would be good if you could ask Dr. Ribas to comment on BMS Phase 1 PD1 trials regarding “long term” response rates of patients from the BMS Phase 1 trial.

Hopefully, BMS has been tracking these PD1 patients. It would give us hope to know that PD1 can have a “long term” response.

Thank you for everything you do for us. We are all “thankful” for you especially today on Thanksgiving Day!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

James

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Just wanted to remind everyone that if you have questions for the webinar it is easier for me to keep them in a file from my email: cpoole@melanomainternational.org

Thanks for the nice thoughts James. I was thinking how grateful I was for all of you here and your insightful and pleasant attitudes towards others. This is a very special group indeed and It is my pleasure to help to the best of my abilities.

kylez
    Participant

What is the link to sign up for this new anti-PD1 webinar with Dr. Ribas?

Thanks, Kyle

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Sorry, we don’t have it yet, will be coming by Monday.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.