Home Forums Melanoma: Stage III Scans tomorrow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aquamak
    Participant

I haven’t posted in awhile and things are pretty much quite. I successfully complete the dendritic cell vaccine trial at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and I hope I get some type of benefit from it even though it was only a Phase 1. The research doctors there are very optimistic about this type of treatment because it is supposed to “train” your body’s own immune system to identify and destroy melanoma cells. This trail involved me receiving 50 injections in my groin and armpit over a 3 month period. These injections were made from my own harvested stem cells and were “encoded” with melanoma antigens so that the immune system response was hopefully tailored to recognize only melanoma.

Tomorrow I go for my 9 month scans and hopefully I am still NED from my neck dissection last May. I feel fine but as you know, every little ache, pain or discomfort sends my mind in a spin. Luckily, my oncologist schedules the scans for early in the morning and I meet with her in the afternoon for the results. I still have “scanxiety” wondering what if they find something.

I will report back with my results and hopefully I will be on the way to 1 year NED!

Linny
    Participant

That trial sounds fascinating. Talk about a therapy customized just for you! Wow!

I’ll be thinking of you today. Good luck with your scan. Thank God the weather is in your favor today.

aquamak
    Participant

Great news – scans clear. 9 months NED! I know it’s a short time, but now i”m on the road to 1 year. Thank you all for your well wishes and the best of health to everyone.

Anonymous

Congrats on the excellent news! Keep forging ahead with life.

Jeff

Linny
    Participant

Great news, indeed! Congrats!!!!

Now go out and celebrate. :mrgreen:

goldfidler
    Participant

Congratulations on the great news! Very happy for you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Stage III’ is closed to new topics and replies.