Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II Scared and just looking for advice…melanoma/health anxiety

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Itychyo
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’ve suffered from health anxiety pretty badly since my teens, unfortunately with me, this means I avoid the docs at all cost.

I’ve had most terminal illnesses over the years (in my mind), most recently it’s been MS, but something else has now taken over.

I have a very small circular mole on my hand that all of a sudden is raised, red round the edge and a little crusty. This got me worried and I started googling and since then I’ve been a mess.

I’ve made myself book an appointment with the docs for Sunday, but I’ve now been looking at my other moles and they are all looking suspicious to me, at least 5 or 6. Thing is, I’ve never really taken notice of them before, I know none (apart from one on my hand) has changed anytime recently. I’m just worried they changed years ago, I’ve never noticed and I’m going to be told I’ve got late stage melanoma and I’m terminal.

I don’t know what I’m looking for posting here, but I just needed to get it out. I’m 28, just bought a house with my boyfriend and I’m terrified of losing all that.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I would seek counseling for your anxiety and learn how to less it in your life. You should definitely get things checked and then that should lessen your issues. Don’t stay away from getting properly diagnosed. I hope things get better for you!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Here is a blog I just wrote that might help you! Keep in touch, we are here to support you.

https://melanomainternational.org/2019/07/feeling-anxious-after-your-melanoma-diagnosis/#.XR8zqutKiM8

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.