Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Shaved biopsy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Webbie73
    Participant

From reading here and other forums I am getting the impression shaved biopsies are not a good idea for those who have had a melanoma. At my last derm visit I tried to bring up the topic but my derm said it was OK. I have problems healing from shaved biopsies they always become infected. I need encouragement from all of you that I am right on insisting on no more shaved biopsies. I am such a whimp when it comes to confronting people.

cohanja
    Participant

I thought I had heard or read that after excisional, saucerization (deep shave with good margins) is next best technique? Cause punch can miss margins too?

cohanja
    Participant

I have had so many biopsies that it doesn’t seem possible to have done all of those with excisional technique, that would be way too many. . 25-30 maybe in the last year. . so I’ve gotten shave, I heal pretty well from those, but sometimes a mild atypical extends to the margins (but nobody seems concerned or re-excises). I suppose if I had a really really suspicious spot, I would insist on excisional

Webbie73
    Participant

Cohanja, see the confusion?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.