Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Small Bump 12-14 inches down my arm from origianl site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    LPLPLP
    Participant

Hello, I’m having a hard time dealing with all of this. It’s been a crazy emotional ride.

In 3/12 I had a melanoma removed from my right upper arm, about 2 inches down my shoulder on the outside.

It was clarks 3. No regression, no ulceration, mitotic rate less than 0. .70 mm

I’ve made it to all my checkups. I recently discovered a small lump 12-14 inches down from where the melanoma was removed. Smaller the a grain of rice and similar in shape. There is no color to it.

Could this be a recurrence?

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Doesn’t sound like a recur at all, could be anything, like a cyst or other skin lesion. But get it checked if it worries you. You didn’t mention the depth of your original lesion?

LPLPLP
    Participant

It was .70 mm and Clark’s 3. No ulceration, no regression. No mitotic rate.

It’s just odd , same arm i had the mel. It was obviously very small because she cut out the

Whole thing and the wound is just about the size

Of a pencil eraser and not quite as deep as usual when they take

A mole. And it went down my arm, not up from the melanoma.

She said she thinks a cyst but was taking it to make sure. She does

Take everything. If you point something out, she takes it. I’ve

Been having problems w my hormones , it’s that time for me-menopause. And

I’m getting huge pimples on my face and a few on my back and neck. So I’m hoping its from

That.

LPLPLP
    Participant

I’m 45 too.

Worrywart
    Participant

After my diagnosis I found a small hard lump on my lower arm. It was like a small hard ball. The derm and PCP said it was most likely a cyst or calcified lymph node. It has remained the same for years. I think once we start studying our bodies closely we start to find these things. You’ve probably always had it, but you just noticed it. I am betting its just something benign.

LPLPLP
    Participant

No I’m pretty sure it wasn’t there. I put sun screen on pretty much everyday.

Worrywart
    Participant

Okay, if you are sure it was not there then I’ll keep you in my prayers that it’s not related to your melanoma. I hope the biopsy results come back quickly!

LPLPLP
    Participant

The results came back. It had PRE-CANCER cells. It was a PRE-CANCER of Actinic Keratosis. Thank you for your prayers worryw. I was very anxious.

The dr said this has nothing to do with melanoma…..? That it is due to sun damage. Which I inflicted upon myself earlier in life. I used to love the sun, now it makes me feel bad. I want it to rain all the time.

I put sunscreen on everyday. I’m wondering why this would occur? Are my efforts futile? I would like to know what things I can do to stop this from happening. Are there vitamins? Should I go on a raw diet? WHAT? Please advise. I even use an umbrella at times and 90% of the time I wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt and I live in SOFLO, not easy to do in this heat. I don’t engage in anything that would put me outdoors during peak hours.

I have stopped using chemicals such as hair dye, nail polish, deodorant (unless absolutely nec), etc…..but I do use sunscreen. Is anyone aware of a natural sunscreen?

sorry if there are typos…..have to run….

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Good! I have had AK’s and they are not to be concerned with, just make sure you watch them. They are precursors to other skin cancers less worrisome. I would turn to the sunscreens for children, that are mostly zinc oxide. Use clothing, shade and time of day to avoid the worst sun exposure too.

Worrywart
    Participant

So happy it was just an AK! I’ve had a few too. I actually have one now so I’m going in this week.

🙄

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.