Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II small hard lump near where melanoma was removed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stelle1
    Participant

Hi all, my husband had a melanoma removed that was stage 1. He just noticed a small hard lump next to the area where it was removed. He has been going for checkups every 3 months for almost 1 1/2 years . It was on his face next to his nose and lymph nodes were taken and checked at the time of surgery with no cancer in the lymph nodes. Is this a common occurrence? Maybe scar tissue? Any one else have experience with this? We do plan on calling the doctor as soon as we can to get them to check it out but just wondering about anyone with an experience like this and what is was? Thanks, Stelle

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

That is hard to guess at but I’m not sure that is an area where there are lymph nodes that could be involved they go up the side of the face. Sometimes scar tissue does appear and this is a difficult area to excise. Your best bet is to have it checked out soon by the doctor and they can pinpoint whether it is worrisome or not. Let us know how things go for you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.