Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Some one should be reading the spam and deleting it

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    LynnLuc
    Participant

Some one should be reading this board and deleting spam…

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Lynn, we have a small staff (3 1/2 to be precise) and we are all monitoring for spam. In addition we just added a “gotcha” to the registration page so bots can’t get through. If we have human spammers than we have to rely on all of you to help us find them and delete them. We’re doing our best and don’t want to institute anything that makes it difficult for the non spammers to post!

cltml
    Participant

Catherine,

We can definitely be your supplemental staff once the spammers get thru. You should find that “captcha” will stop almost all of the spamming once the protection is in place though.

cltml

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Thank you for your kind offer and assistance! Please let us know if you spot any, either me, cpoole@melanomainternational.org or lisa@melanomainternational.org. Yes, it is called Captcha :) not gotcha and we have done some other things. Fingers crossed.

cltml
    Participant

Catherine,

When did the member “Meepeareerper” register, before or after you implemented captcha?

cltml

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

They seem to be getting through the captcha. I just deleted that one. I will double check though.

Linny
    Participant

Hi Catherine,

You might want to consider posting a general note in all the forum groups stating something to the effect that you’re aware of the spammers and are taking care of them. And, also provide those email addresses to which people can report spam.

Linda

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.