• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tlmccann
    Participant

My melanoma journey began last June when I was diagnosed with my first in-situ. One month ago I learned I had my second in-situ. I’ve travelled an hour to be seen by the wonderful doctors at The Univ of Penn. in Philadelphia. I have two sons, ages 14 and 11 who have been seen by my regular dermatologist located closer to my home. Just yesterday I noticed a spot on the sole my 14 year old’s foot. I called UPenn and they are seeing my son this Wednesday. I am absolutely sick with worry over whether or not this mole on my son’s foot is melanoma and the information I’ve discovered on the internet only worries me more. My husband has been remarkably supportive throughout this whole ordeal. But I think he is very concerned over the possibility of my son having melanoma. My other family members as well as my friends, don’t know what to say to me, so I guess I’m venting to this forum because I dont know where else to express my anxiety. Thanks for listening!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Melanoma is exceedingly rare in children and teens (unless they frequent tanning beds.) So I would keep that in mind and know that this most likely will not be of concern. And you have caught it early if it does have the possibility. UPENN is a great place for the pathology to be done and you will get an excellent opinion there. So take it a day at a time and try not to worry. Let us know how the pathology turns out and what the doctor says, we are here to support you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.