Home Forums For Caregivers Only Spread the Word

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sandalwood36
    Participant

I’m going to try to keep this short & sweet, but you know me… 

I’d really appreciate it if everyone reading this post, would READ IT IN IT’S ENTIRETY and then SHARE it.

This summer with the help of social media sites, the ‘ALS Ice Bucket Challenge’ went viral.

According to the ALS Association themselves, $115 million in donations have been received since July 29, 2014.

$115 million dollars in donations as the result of people like you & me dumping friggin ice water over our heads!!!

My family, friends, & I, are now desperately trying to raise donations for the horrific disease (Metastatic Malignant Melanoma) that killed ‘our Bob’ 7 months after he was diagnosed.

The 2nd annual Bob Fest will be held on Sat. 10/25/14 from 12:00 to 6:00 pm at Napper Tandy’s in Smithtown NY.

A measly $25 donation at the door will entitle you to an unlimited buffet (Shepherd’s pie, Chicken Francese, Penne Ala Vodka, salad, & bread), drink specials ($4 Absolut, $3 Miller drafts, $3 Coors Light drafts), and LIVE music by:

Dead Ahead (Bob’s favorite improvisational Rock & Blues band)

The Idiot Brigade (Bob’s best friend Art’s son’s Blue Grass band)

Pete Kanelous & Friends (Amazing Americana tunes)

Leah Kay (Awesome acoustical)

I guarantee you that a truly ‘Grateful’ time will be had by all, & that NO ONE will have to dump anything over their head!!!!

I implore you to please plan on attending (add your name to the list of attendees on the FB Bob Fest event so that we know you’re coming) & SHARE this post, to help raise donations to find a cure for the beast that is Metastatic Malignant Melanoma…

Thanks in advance for your support!

Donations to the ‘Melanoma International Foundation’ in the name of ‘Team Bob’ can be made at the event, and/or online anytime at http://melanomainternational.org/

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

How did your event go? thanks for thinking of us! We received a large number of donations! Thanks so much for your efforts on our behalf.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘For Caregivers Only’ is closed to new topics and replies.