Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Stable or Ned?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    starletwoman29
    Participant

I am just interested to know if any stage 4 patients are ned or stable and how long they have been that way and what treatment worked for them?

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I personally know many patients who are stable and NED and were stage IV. Many different therapies now exist that help a great deal. We recently filmed 6 patients with this status and there are many more!

starletwoman29
    Participant

Thanks Catherine was really interested to know whether new treatments like vem or ipi actually work?

starletwoman29
    Participant

Just looked on the site for the videos but couldnt find them?? Are they avaiable to watch?

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Soon to come, we will release the video. The patients have done a myriad of different therapies, everyone is different in how they respond. But there are thankfully options.

Alicia
    Participant

I have been stable/NED for over 8 years now. I was diagnosed with melanoma 24 years ago. Stage IV in 2003 with a lung met. In the following two years I had mets to my spine, brain and small bowels. The treatments that worked for me were surgeries and GM-CSF. I have been clear since 2005. Significant progress has been made since 2005, so there is hope!

There are many stage IV people doing well now.

Regards,

Alicia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.