• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MLDuddy
    Participant

Hello

I have been reading some posts in hope of some inspiration. I feel being dx’d with Stage 1a Melanoma, I am scarying myself silly with the what ifs. I have a beautiful daughter and I feel so quilty that I watched my Melanoma grow over the years… never knew what it was!!

I am on meds, nearly 6 months from my dx and still not feeling very positive.

I am stage 1a, 0.6mm, mitotic of 1, vertical growth Jan 2019. WLE came back clear and now I feel like a sitting duck just waiting to progress. I am on a waiting list for therapy.

Is there really success stories out there, where people have not have reocurrenance and carried on with life?

I am not feeling very positive, all I have been told is that there is a 2% for reoccurence and nothing else reassuring.

MLD x

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

This is very normal and you shouldn’t beat yourself up about it. Relax and try meditation to clear your brain. See a therapist for talk therapy, that can help. You sound very low risk, and just to reassure you I am 30 years out with a .76, 2mm mitotic. No recur! Takes time to sort it out, but you will.

MLDuddy
    Participant

Thank you Catherine. My mind carries me off to not a nice place, but I hope in time this will get better. I am awaiting therapy and hope it’s soon. May I say what a wonderful site you have and thank you for taking time in responding to me.

point30
    Participant

Hi MLDuddy again

I just replied to another one of your posts. As you are diagnosed as a 1a and caught it early!! That’s a great start!

FYI you can read my story on here as well, diagnosed with 1b and half way to being cleared. I can completely relate to the ‘what ifs’ and potential impacts it may have to your family running through your mind…..

MLDuddy
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and reassurance that it can get easier. Would like to read your journey, how do I look it up?

Thanks

Mandy

point30
    Participant

Hi Mandy……

If it helps here is my story:

https://forum.melanomainternational.org/mif/viewtopic.php?t=36389

I am going to my next appointment October 31st……half way there without reoccurance :)

Jason64
    Participant

It gets way easier with time. I had 2 stage 1s about the same time at the end of 2015. The first month after DX I was almost completely useless worrying. Next month I was a little better. 6 months put still thought about it hourly. After 2 years was joking about it. I hardly ever think about it now. Not sure why I logged on today. I have not posted to this board in forever. That is one thing you have to be careful of when reading about it on forums. Usually people with stage one stop thinking about it and stop posting because it is not part of their life anymore. Just go to the derm, let them check ya out and try not to worry.

https://www.z2systems.com/mif/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=35992&sid=2dfa70b0a44684c4e293ed8856faa7a7” class=”bbcode_url”>https://www.z2systems.com/mif/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=35992&sid=2dfa70b0a44684c4e293ed8856faa7a7 my story, I posted updates in the same thread.

MLDuddy
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your reply. Hearing and reading stories really helps. I really am struggling, but reaching out and getting feed backs helps me and hearing all is well gives me hope.

Take care of you

Mandy xx 😘

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.