Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Stage IV NED after 5 years – How often do you get scans?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alicia
    Participant

I have been NED/stable for 8 years now. During the last couple of yearly check ups my onco said that we could stop the scans. I would like to know what others are doing.

Alicia

EricW1
    Participant

Hi Alicia…I do not know the answer to your question…but congrats on the NED for so long….I see you had a lung met…can i ask what treatments you may have done? My wife has lung mets and just started Ipi…thanks and good luck…

Alicia
    Participant

I had mets in several organs, all of these were surgically removed except for the 2 brain mets, these were treated with srs. Best of luck to your wife!

Nan
    Participant

Do NOT stop getting scans. There are folks who have had melanoma show up 20+ years later. Be vigilant!

Nan

lizliz
    Participant

I am NED over 4 years now after lung met removed via surgical lobectomy. I have CT scans of the head/neck/chest/pelvis every 3 months and brain MRI every 6 mos. I am not sure how long this will continue and if it should ever stop.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.