Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II Struggling and tired from emotions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MLDuddy
    Participant

Hello

I am finding it hard to cope with being diagnosed with early melanoma. I have read and googled so much advise on how to get emotionally through this. The quilt I feel every time I think or watch my little girl is so overwhelming. Daydreaming to what ifs and why did I not get it removed sooner. I try meditation and hope to one day get some professional help but need to save up for private treatment.

Feeling exhausted battling the emotions, scared I don’t know what to look for if I get another. I am just super scared and every passing thought is about MM,

Is it possible that we can learn to live again with no further issues and have normally life expectancy, stats make me wobble!!

MLD x

carlakitty
    Participant

Hi…I was just diagnosed with mm Stage 0 on my forearm and I am petrified. Please chat we me. i need someone to talk to.

MLDuddy
    Participant

Hello carlakitty,

Apologise if I have spelt your name wrong.

Hearing the words you have MM is a very scary place. Is yours Melanoma insitu? If so, that is nearly 100% curable and a great place to be. Your fear will calm down, don’t google and monitor your self for changes as you caught this early you will know and spot any changes early.

I am sure you will be fine.

Ps. I have just sent you an email from this site, not sure if you can see it?

I am in the UK, where are you?

Mandy xx

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

You have come to the right place to get factual information and reassurance. No one is a statistic! I am 30 years out from a .76 melanoma. I had surgery and that was all. As time passes, so does the worry. Please read my blog on coping tips: https://melanomainternational.org/2019/07/feeling-anxious-after-your-melanoma-diagnosis/#.XYYQRC5KiM8

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.