Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Sun Exposure- Kicking Myself

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    luv2smile06
    Participant

Ugh, it’s been a while (thankfully) since I’ve posted here (even had to register again since I couldn’t remember my pw.)

Anyway, I’m kicking myself for getting a little sun burn today and just needed to vent. I’m usually so good about wearing my sun clothing, avoiding mid day sun, sunscreen, etc. I went to an event today and got lacks and wore a sleeveless top with my wide brim hat and I put sunscreen on and re-applied. However, I apparently missed the top of my left shoulder when re-applying. Now I have a slightly pink burn spot! Agh!

I was diagnosed with stage 0 around 8 years ago now and all has been well since. I stay pale white. This is only the 2nd time in 8 years I’ve had a little sun snafu. The other time was a couple of years ago with a small burned spot on my knees while at the beach.

I know there’s no use in crying over spilled milk, but I’m so mad at myself right now for not wearing my sun shirt. I had a lot of sun burns as a kid and a few months of tanning bed use before my diagnosis, but just don’t want to do anymore damage. I just worry if one more burn no matter how small may trigger another mel.

Back to sun shirts anytime I will be out during the middle of the day, no exception.

Thanks for letting me vent and remember to be extra careful this summer!

point30
    Participant

vent anytime.

It’s nice to hear reminders about what we should all be doing as well!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.