Home Forums Melanoma: Stage III T3b Melanoma

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Shirley Z
    Participant

Hi Chuck,

Isn’t it amazing how much more we appreciate things after we receive our wake up call. I remember walking outside after I was diagnosed early in the morning and just listening to the birds and smelling the scents in the air.

In our busy lives we can really take things for granted.

Hope the healing process continues to go well for you.

Shirley Z

msue5
    Participant

I took Juven also. I couldn’t stand the thought of Ensure since I spent 33 years forcing it down patients that couldn’t or wouldn’t eat. Even the smell makes me gag! Juven was really tasty and I think it really helped. Not cheap though. Good luck and keep us posted. I unfortunately have moved up a notch to Stage 4 but still look back to see how my Stage 3 friends are doing.

Mary Sue

CRody
    Participant

Mary Sue

Sorry to hear about your move to Stage 4. I am praying for you. Juven sort of tastes like Tang. That and the Whey Protein aren’t the best tasting, but I do think that they help in the healing process.

When I talked to my oncologist the other day, he staged me as Stage IIb. He would like a wider margin on both the right and left side, so I will be going in for out-patient surgery to widen it up a bit.

We bought a knee scooter, and now that I’ve learned to use it, it gives me a much greater since of freedom. To get to the car for a trip to the doctor would be to move from the recliner to the walker, the walker to the wheelchair, to the kitchen door, to the crutches to get down a 4”step from the kitchen to the garage, back to the wheelchair and over to the car, then to the walker to get be in position to sit in the car. Now it’s from the recliner to the knee walker, all the way to the car. The knee walker uses a lot less energy and I am much less exhausted. Going down one 4” step from the kitchen to the garage is real easy now. With the crutches going up or down a step, I was always unsteady and felt like I was going to fall. If anyone has a wound on the foot where you can’t put any pressure on it, I would really suggest this.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Stage III’ is closed to new topics and replies.