Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Tafinlar-Mekinist Combo and My 16 Week Results

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MathewR
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m grateful to report that I’m continuing to get great results from the GSK combo (my initial treatment since my Stage IV diagnosis in July). I started in August 2013 with a heavy and aggressive tumor burden, particularly in my liver. While I still have more than 15 tumors in my liver, they continue to reduce in size–approx. reduction of 70-75% since August (with remaining tumors under 4 x 4 cm). (Prior to treatment my liver mets grew in size by 20% over 20 days). Other tumors have either resolved (spleen, some small lung mets), remain stable (a few remaining small lung mets) or continue to shrink in size (small abdominal wall met). I feel great. Other than (valuable and educational) time spent reading this forum and related materials, I’m thankful that melanoma is presently occupying a relatively small part of my day-to-day life. Of course, I haven’t lost sight of the fact that this is a bridge treatment (at least for many patients) and, thanks to you, I continue to stay abreast of other treatment options. Happy holidays.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

All sounds great. I did hear that UPENN will be opening a IPI naive PD1 trial in December for certain. If you need further contact info, let me know. Hope you continue on this great road to health! Happy Holidays to you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.