• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster
    Laurie
    Participant

I can’t even stand to look at her. It upsets me so much to see the media giving this woman all this attention and all the people who will think tanning is ok because of this.

cohanja
    Participant

how does she not have skin cancer?

wpatterson4
    Participant

Laurie,

Be of good cheer. News outlets have never depicted her tanning habit as something cool or hip, just really freaky. I think the attention the media are giving to this woman will contribute to making the tan LESS popular, not more.

And not a minute too soon. I’m not getting any younger, and I would like to wear shorts at least once as an adult (to see what it’s like) without being told by everyone who sees me that my legs are blinding them and that I need to get a tan. :)

Laurie
    Participant

wpatterson4,

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it! Was just a bit on edge, had my quarterly skin check last week with two moles biopsied.

Spoke with derm this am, both were severely dysplastic so tomorrow I will go have some additional margins taken to be safe (3 in-situs). A bit bummed, but at least we are finding those crappy cells early.

FYI – When I wear my big brimmed hat, I look like the typical grandmotherly tourist!

Laurie

HeatFire
    Participant

she seems to be the living proof that the sun age your skin horrible.. she looks 60+

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.