• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jason64
    Participant

1 year anniversary and another dermatologist visit. 1 biopsy that was mildly atypical.

Jason64
    Participant

16 months in and another biopsy, basal cell carcinoma.

The nurse called to tell me. She seemed a little concerned, so I was preparing for the worst. She says it is a bcc and I responded with ” That’s Awesome!”. Never thought I would feel that way about being told I have cancer.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

That’s great! We often have the other types of skin cancer and luckily they are of no consequence. Take good care.

Jason64
    Participant

Hit the 2 year mark with a visit to my dermatologist, one more biopsy. It was some benign something, stopped listening after benign.

So now we shift to semi-annual visits which is great. I think I have a higher chance of getting killed visiting him. His office is on the opposite side of the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex. 62 miles through very heavy traffic.

point30
    Participant

Jason I just hit my 1 year mark and share your excitement :)

All the best to you in the years ahead!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

My oncologist always joked that my travel on the highways around Philadelphia were more likely to kill me than my melanoma! :)

Jason64
    Participant

I decided to change insurance and later found out my derm did not accept the new ins. Finally got back to an insurance that worked.

Anyway, a little over 3 years now and a new visit to the doctor and everything was fine.

point30
    Participant

Congrats Jason! Great news!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.