Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Thinking of Pati Today

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Pati is in the Netherlands going through the TIL therapy. Yesterday she started the IL2 part of it and she’s been heavy in my thoughts. I hope you will join me and send her your best thoughts and prayers that she gets through this tough time without a hitch!

Hein
    Participant

Pati had a good start of the TIL. She is doing the chemopart at the moment to bring down the immunesystem. In the beginning of the next week she get’s her T-cells and the same day she starts the IL2-part.

For everybody who wants to give her support, LIKE the candle at https://www.facebook.com/ACandleForPati.

Hein

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Hein,

Will you be able to see her? What chemo does she start with? I thought it was all IL2. I’d love any news you might have. Thanks!

DadZGirl
    Participant

Thinking of Pati every day. Thanks Catherine and Hein for the update and link to light a candle for her. Pati is awesome and I believe in her with all of my heart.

Laura

Shirley Z
    Participant

Praying for Pati and sending her my best wishes. She’s a fighter. Such a wonderful inspiration to so many people.

Shirley Z

Hein
    Participant

Hi guys,

I visited Pati today. Giving the circumstances she is doing really well upto now. She is on her second day on Cyclofosfanide and Mesna. Tomorrow she starts on 5 days of Fludarabine. Then she has 1 day rest and after that she get’s her T-cells followed by the IL2.

She is on painkillers because some nodules press on some nerves, she is a little ‘woozy’ but upto now no real sickness.

She is cared by a lot of the same nurses that took care of me, so “I made extra clear” Pati is very special to all of us and they should consider her VIP. The nurses there are allready really nice but now probably even more.

She is offcourse nervous about all that’s coming the next two weeks, but I told her about my experiences and I could see the fighting spirit in her eyes. She is accompanied by a good friend as her husband and children are not yet able to join her.

She apologises for not being on the forum so much or update her blog, but the preparations and the treatment have major effect on ones energylevel and concentration.

But she appreciates all of your good wishes, thoughts and candle LIKES (https://www.facebook.com/ACandleForPati) very much. So please keep sending them. On the Candlepage I posted a photo of Pati and her “close connected friend Oscar”: the infusionpole.

Hein

Hein
    Participant

Very good news from Pati today!

Her prof told her that the amount of T-cells she will get next Tuesday, will exceed 200 Billion by far. NKI never has seen T-cells grow so fast with anybody.

This gives her a really, really, really good chance of becoming a complete responder.

Keep your prayers and thoughts coming.

Hein

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

thanks Hein for being there for Pati, gives me great relief to know she has an advocate there. Are we all not just a closeknit family afterall! I heard from Pati today with great news about the TIL growth! Just a few more weeks and we will be on the other side of this. Please keep in touch! Do you happen to know the address there so we could send a card?

Anonymous

This is such wonderfully good and hopeful news! Thank you Hein and Catherine for sharing this. Hein, you are fantastic.

I’m so happy for Pati. Chokes me up.

God is with you Pati.

Jeff

Hein
    Participant

You are all welcome. I am happy I can do something in return for P.

The adress to send a postcard is:

NKI/AVL

t.a.v. Patricia Garcia-Prieto

Afdeling 4B

Plesmanlaan 121

1066 CX Amsterdam

Netherlands

A faster way to show support is the CandleForPati-Facebookpage.

Hein

Anonymous

Done. But I see it posted from Rachel’s page.

God’s speed Pati.

Jeff

pati
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

so moved by your support, being held like I am not only by friends, family, but by melanoma MIF family is ESSENTIAL for me. I took a break from advocacy as I started getting worst after anti-PD1 and basically giving up on other medical options (and letting go of trial searching) and will never forget Hein and Cathy and all of you reminding me to not give up.Hein really did not let go and keep on saying just try Haanen again, but he had refused me twice so…but I did, and I did not give up. And here I am about to get my last chemo at midnight tonight (so far, lots of fatigue, some nause but totally control with meds and no marijane to my regret, mostly just tired and woozy). So connecting is hard, I have kept the blog up to date but wanted to say here I just love you all and i am convinced my TILS have grown because of all of us connecting :)

Tuesday around 11:am I get the batch that they can give me and they will freeze the overproduction of TILS for “in case I ever need them”….What a TIL golden hen I turned out to be! 😆

Pati

Hein
    Participant

Keep kicking P. A candle with your name on it is burning here for you. May your body welcome your new cells as smoothly as mine did 1,5 years ago.

Thumbs up, good luck, thinking and praying for you.

Hein

Mom2Becca
    Participant

I’m glad it’s going well, Pati. We will keep praying for you and all who are fighting this battle.

Hein
    Participant

Tonight I received a short message from Pati. She is going through the hardest part of her treatment at the moment and I know how exhausted she must feel.

She experienced the T-cell transplant as VERY intence with sickness, shaking and really exhausting. She has done two IL2-transfusions so far of which the first was heavey and the second more tolerable.

She will probably finish IL2 tomorrownight and then she is of chemo’s and it will be uphill for her.

So please keep your candles burning and your prayers coming for at least one more night.

Thanks for your support so far.

Hein

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.