Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV TIL theraphy in Europe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jualonso
    Participant

Hi, im going to start IPI in a couple of weeks but im thinking in plan B and C in the case that i need it. Hopefully not.

where is possible to be treated witth TIL theraphy in Europe?

im in Spain

Thanks a lot

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Others may know better, I believe the Netherlands is one location. You would pay out of pocket, very expensive, and toxicity is high for TIL.

I did want to let you know that the PDL trial that is quite promising is recruiting in Barcelona:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01375842?term=PDL+melanoma&rank=6 I would check that out!

Also, the very exciting combination of PD1 and IPI (before you start IPI!) is in Pampaloma, Spain. http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01621490?term=PDL+melanoma&rank=3

Both show they are recruiting patients.

jualonso
    Participant

Thanks Catherine,

Forn the second one in pamplona is actually close right now.

regarding this anti pdl1, are there any good results with this drug.

May be i can change the decision of taking Ipi if possibilities are better. Personally i know that people dont use to like IPI so much but in my opinion if it works it is the best treatment in this moment for melanoma, with very very durable responses.

thanks in advance

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Yes, this PDL trial is promising. I would check it out!

jualonso
    Participant

Hi Catherine,

thanks a lot for all your information, you are a very very kind person

Regarding the anti pdl1 in Barcelona no one knows anything about that. May be your medical staff knows the name of the hospital in barcelona where this trial is recruiting people.

thanks a lot

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I called Genentech and was told this trial is now only for triple negative breast cancer! I have a call into their advocacy dept for further response. Stay tuned.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.