Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV TIL Therapy, Private Pay

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Zapp
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if and where we could privately pay for Adoptive T-Cell Therapy? ie. TIL Therapy. We are in Canada, but are willing to travel to receive treatment. Thanks in advance for you time.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

The therapy is free with travel assistance at NIH/National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, MD. Please be aware they have strict criteria for entrance and the results of this therapy are not well known.

Zapp
    Participant

Thank you Catherine. We are looking at options and trying to find a starting point. Our experience with our Onocologist is one of “wait and see”. He has strong opinions on treatment, and for the most part has been effective in providing us with Zelboraf and Ipilimumab, but has not encouraged us to look outside of Canada for any clinical trials or treatments. Naturally we are wondering if we are missing opportunities for a more effective treatment. More importantly, if the Ipi doesn’t work what if anything is there to try other than TIL Therapy…

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Absolutely there are other options. You might try Wilson Miller at Jewish Hospital/Montreal,

http://www.jgh.ca/en/BioMiller

I believe he has the Pd1 opening. there and that’s a great option.

Sula
    Participant

hi there —

I’m also Canadian, and involved in a trial out of the States (not TIL, though — I’m on a combination of Ipi & Nivo at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in NY).

Let me know if you have questions about the nuts & bolts of that out-of-country arrangement.

(basically: I had to prepay the costs of the bloodwork and scans up front, and BMS is paying for the cost of the drug itself).

NIH does it differently — ie, pays for travel costs, scans, bloodwork etc.

But hopefully you can find an anti-PD-1 trial in Canada. As Catherine notes, there are now several. Back when I was looking, I just didn’t have time to wait until they were up & running.

best,

Ursula

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.