Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Time between biopsy and second surgery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    slilly
    Participant

My melanoma was a .4 and the biopsy was a shave. Im the one who had ards and trying to find someone who will use a local anesthetic. My mother has an oncologist that she called about the melanoma and the doctor said she would see me.

krissy424
    Participant

HI slilly,

My first bx was a deep shave. Showed Breslow .55 and Clark II with no signs of spread. The first surgery was done ten minutes after i walked in the dermatologist’s office.

The wide excision surgery was done exactly 17 days later. This was done in the doctors office with only local injections around the area to be excised (upper back). The incision was over 5 inches long and 4 cm deep. For me it was painless. I joked with the surgeon as he did the surgery. This doctor is a thoracic/vascular/general surgeon who has operated on me in the past (gallbladder). He has interest in a surgery center on the same property, but he understood I am not insured. I felt in very good hands.

I’m happy with the route I took. Wishing you the very best.

Kris

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.