Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II time to reflect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cohanja
    Participant

This month I turn 40 and it’s 3 years since my melanoma diagnosis. I really hope I can live with less stress and worry the next decade of my life.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Happy birthday! Yes this can be a time to be thankful and look forward. Enjoy the moments! I know when I turned 60 it was a time to worry about aging and falling apart but we have only the ability to control, right now, this very moment. I’m working on it too. So the serenity you may find by letting go of the past and future, is what you will find now. You’ve come a long way!

sofiajoe
    Participant

nice post i really like the page

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

And how are you doing this year Cohanja? I hope we all can reflect but not dwell on our past. I’m sure many of you have come to appreciate life much more and replace those worrisome thoughts with thankfulness for what we do have. Moment at a time is the best philosophy.

cohanja
    Participant

Thanks for asking. I would say time does take some of the edge off, 3 1/2 years later. That’s not to say I don’t think about it often, and worry about it often, though. When I do read a story about someone who was diagnosed, had surgery, thought it would be fine, and then 10 years later is stage IV, I do fall back into a bad place sometimes. I also realize that as I age, my risk from other things might be equaling my risk from melanoma, and I guess that’s just life, isn’t it? Maybe I’ve become more philosophical!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Good to hear! You are so right about other things that can get us, and yes, we all do have to go sometime or the planet would be truly overburdened!

wpatterson4
    Participant

Happy birthday, Cohawnjuh!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.