Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II Tips on coping with anxiety and depression

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Great tips to coping with the normal anxiety that comes with a melanoma diagnosis: https://melanomainternational.org/2019/07/feeling-anxious-after-your-melanoma-diagnosis/#.XSMs_etKiM8

point30
    Participant

Thanks Catherine……even though im half way to being cleared, anxiety pops up now and again.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

We all get a wake up call when diagnosed. Life is precious, try not to waste time in thinking too much or dwelling on negative things. These thoughts are not who we are. We are here to help.

alfredal
    Participant

Thank you very much for your advice, the sad days I simply try to distract myself with some routine that makes me think, however anxiety does not get along because I can not sleep and rest what the body needs. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Sleeping can be difficult when you are stressed out. There are many meditations you can play at bedtime either as an app on your phone or CD player, etc. One app I like is called Oak. It has guided and unguided courses to help you sleep. It is free. Hope this helps you.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Sleeping can be difficult when you are stressed out. There are many meditations you can play at bedtime either as an app on your phone or CD player, etc. One app I like is called Oak. It has guided and unguided courses to help you sleep. It is free. Hope this helps you.

infrared
    Participant

Meditation will be much helpful if you are in depression because stress or illness diagnosed, Positive thoughts is the only way to come out from depression and anxiety

Take Healthy food if possible Veg only, Go for walk and do Mediation this is the best remedies for Depression

For meditation just sit calm with closed eyes and watch your breath going in and out, try to be thoughtless focus on some positive thought instead of negative thing , you will feel relax after some time and do this procedure atleast twice a day for 15 Min and then gradually increase it , You will surly out of depression within few weeks.

AdrianLomezzo
    Participant

Anyway, if you want to stay calm you need to focuse on the place where you are and try to meditate

it can be helpful for you enywhere

for me the music can help if I’m under the weather or stressful so much

try to select some options that can provide pleasure and make you feel blessed

Good luck!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.