Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV To Juan about TIL program

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I reached out to a contact who knows the program at NCI and it seems the global program is no longer. Have you reached out? How are you doing otherwise? Here is their phone number: 301-451-1929.

jualonso
    Participant

Hi Catherine,

i did not reach them out yet, but now, knowing that i cant go in this program because im out of USA, im totally lost….

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Catch me up where you are with therapies. i believe you have not tried PD1? It would be a promising therapy to try next and there is availability in Europe for both the Merck (Keytruda) and the BMS (Opdivo) The TIL has not been tested in a randomized trial, and can be very depleting.

jualonso
    Participant

Hi Catherine,

im right now 1 week after 4th ipi dose, so i have to wait as you know around 2 months for Pet/Scan to see if it works. Im having swelling in two lymph nodes under my armpit so, i have the feeling that nothing good is happening inside my body.

My next step if needed will be keytruda, EAP is open in Spain.

But as you know you need to prepare the next step some time before. I was thinking about Til, just TIL and IL2 are options availables for me. Im braf positive and progressed with taf/mek.

Thanks for all your help

Juan

rick1981
    Participant

Hi Juan,

Why do you have to wait 1-2 months after the 4th ipi for scans??

Would press for earlier and see if you can get on Pembrolizumab.

Rick

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I agree with Rick, push ahead to the PD1 (pembro or Keytruda) It is shown in trials to have double the response of IPI. Hope it works out for you.

jualonso
    Participant

Hi Rick and Catherine,

My onc. Says that ipi response use to be delayed so if we do scans right after 4 th dose we will se progression, but we wont know if ipi is going to work because with Ipi things use to get worse before get better. I know is truth but who cares, i want to have pd1 as soon as possible, and it will not affect ipi works.

on the begining of next month i will try to push him but …..

thanks of all you

rick1981
    Participant

Hi Juan,

Just checking in to see how you’re doing?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.