Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II Toe Mole on 22 year old

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    momof4
    Participant

My 22 year old daughter recently noticed a spot on her big toe that we thought could be a blood blister although she didn’t remember hurting it. It hasn’t gone away so we just visited the dermatologist. The derm-surgeon was there so the derm called him in to evaluate with a dermatascope. He said it is 5mm dark brown, melanocytic, regular borders, symmetrical with hyperpigmentation in center. My daughter has several dark moles and two biopsies in the past revealed moderate and severe. Her last skin check was three months ago and there was nothing of note. This thing must have just suddenly appeared! I have had three melanoma in-situs. The surgeon said he didn’t see anything alarming but it should come off. She is scheduled for next week. I am scared to death because this now just looks so ominous! Waiting a week is going to be so hard.

Can one have a dark regular mole right on the tip of a toe??? I tried to attach a picture but can’t :?

I think you can see at link below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VI60_t9sDdzRFY4BxKH2g8T4kI_OB0DO” class=”bbcode_url”>https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VI60_t9sDdzRFY4BxKH2g8T4kI_OB0DO

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Only the biopsy will tell you what the mole is, and its potential. Try not to worry until that report comes back, and get a copy to go over with us here. We can help you!

momof4
    Participant

Thank you. I guess my question right now is ‘can a dark, regular mole just appear on a toe of a 22 year old’? Or is it always something ominous? If you took this mole off her toe and put it on her stomach, it would be close in appearance to one she currently has that her dermatologist is not worried about. He always checks it, but says it’s normal looking. I am particularly worried because of the location.

I really went in thinking the derm would confirm it being a blood blister. I am just processing the dx of a mole. 8 days seems like a long time to wait for removal if it is indeed a melanoma as I have read on the feet they are more aggressive and deadly.

Meliday
    Participant

I’ve got a grey mole on my forehead! And I’m afraid too!

Though I went to a doctor today, he told me to just be calm and wait for one or two weeks later to see if it’s getting darker. If the mole keeps grey, it might be a “good” sign that maybe this spot of skin just mutates with grey color. I don’t know how to describe it like a doctor, but he told me it’ll be fine.

Hope your daughter’ll have a good news from the next check.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Momof4 I wouldn’t worry. Melanoma doesn’t grow that quickly and yes a dark mole can appear on young person’s toe and be benign. My son in fact had one. I realize your own experience weighs in on your anxiety but doubt there is a connection. Let us know how the biopsy turns out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.