Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Topics Wanted for Webinars~

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

What is of most interest to you that we’ve not covered? Please post here or send to me:

cpoole@melanomainternational.org

BNP68
    Participant

Catherine,

I think you’ve done a great job chosing a wide spectrum of topics. I think a couple considerations for future topics may be an update to a previous topic. With the speed at which the field is moving a topic much over a year may be missing some crucial information. Another topic may be a webinar on the latest in combination therapies. Seems like every week there is some type of new combination of therapies being attempted. Dr. Wolchok comes to mind when I think of someone who might be great at explaining these combinations and what type synergies they are trying to achieve with the different combinations.

Thanks,

Brian

cltml
    Participant

Catherine, a while back, I suggested that you interview Dr. Patricia Larusso at Karmanos CC about her stand up to cancer initiative. They are mapping genomes of Mel rumors and tracking effectiveness of treatments. Let me know if you need an intro.

Cltml

BNP68
    Participant

The ADC trial that Jonathan is in would be another interesting topic.

Anonymous

BNP68 wrote:

The ADC trial that Jonathan is in would be another interesting topic.

Bingo!

Also, how about the emerging field of treatment combinations and how they go about selecting combinations for testing.

Jeff

carvin1
    Participant

Hi. Being somewhat new to this disease, we would appreciate some exposure to the less technical and more mental. What are the stages of thought as we get deeper into the illness? My current dilemma is “giving up vs. Acceptance “. Maybe a psychologist that specializes in counceling for those with melanoma (too specific?). Clint

odonoghue80
    Participant

Jeff mentioned O2 hyperbaric chambers to reduce effects/damage of SRS radiation to brain. This could be interesting.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

thanks, now I need to track down willing speakers. Also, for the psycho-social, we find few are interested in attending, is that true? Just new therapies are of interest?

carvin1
    Participant

Sounds like just the new therapies. We find that really interesting and important so mine is withdrawn. Clint

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Clint, we’ll still do some psycho-social. It is so important that our heads are doing well too!!

Cecelia
    Participant

I would be interested in more information about patient rights, especially as regards choice of treatment and access to treatment. I know that is difficult given the global audience of this forum, but perhaps some guidelines or even just the right questions to ask and doors to knock on. I so admire the people on this forum who just go out and find their next best chance, but I have no idea, really, about how to do that.

PatW
    Participant

I would like to know if any new treatments are in the pipeline for those who do not have the BRAF V600 mutation. Also for some of the rare types of melanoma like ocular or mucosal melanoma.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Be sure to look at Jonathan’s latest post, it is about a trial encompassing all of that..put Jonathan in the search..

buffcody
    Participant

Not sure whether you would have an objective, well-informed potential presenter to cover the entire area in summary form, but there is so much “out there” on the impact of other treatment modalities, alternative therapies and adjunctive aides to more mainline therapies, such as the effect of diet and exercise on outcomes, that it would be interesting to hear something more about this than the snippets that one gets that leave one puzzled as to whether they are really on to something or not. How can we become better more judicious and informed about what we read in this prolific area? I do think there is some truth to what some write that the average oncologist may not pay the attention that is due to alternative medicine, but others pay inappropriate attention to it. Could we have someone with a “balanced” approach to help us become critical consumers or at least readers?

Code:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.