Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV trial for those who progressed on IPI

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster
    SteveH230
    Participant

Hi Catherine,

Did you mean to include this trial/link for “Ipi-refractory” patients? http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01704287?term=NCT01704287&rank=1

This is the one my wife is on and is randomized versus chemotherapy.

The link you provided above is for an older, smaller BMS phase I “biomarker” trial. I had called most of the US sites listed back in May/June and found that it was closed (and this was confirmed by in-person visits to Vanderbilt and MD Anderson). The doctors said that trial filled up very quickly and that they were now only recruiting for the phase II & III trials.

Just thought I would provide my personal experience and hopefully save someone the time and frustration I experienced a few months back when calling around about this biomarker trial. For some reason, the clinicaltrials.gov site still shows the sites as “recruiting” even though they most definitely are not (and haven’t been for months)!

Thanks,

Steve

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Thanks! I ran into it while searching for something else and you are correct, I falsely assumed they were recruiting when they closed a while ago. I wish they could keep these up-to date. Thanks again for the correction.

SteveH230
    Participant

No problem, Catherine, just hoping to save someone the frustration…

You would think that a company with $21B in annual revenues could find someone to keep their trial information updated. It’s crazy!

Thanks,

Steve

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Well actually, the government runs the listing and there seems to be a disconnect between the pharma and govt., not sure who is to blame. But I should know better to double check before posting.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.