Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV tumor infiltrating lymphocytes melanoma

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pobeda
    Participant

Please tell me whether this therapy is effective in tumor infiltrating lymphocytes melanoma?

PentiumIV
    Participant

No one will make you any guarantees, but TIL protocol is one of the most promising. Tel Hashomer team is very experienced in TIL.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

In fact there aren’t any good statistics on the TIL therapy yet. It is a grueling therapy that can be very hard to tolerate. It requires inpatient stay and high does IL2. It has not been tested in a randomized trial against the new therapies. I’ve dealt with many who did not respond and only know a few (2) who did respond. The numbers are indeed low and the therapy very expensive. For the newer therapies there are randomized clinical trials where one therapy is pitted against another in large numbers of patients. I will become a believer when I see that happen with TIL.

Terri678
    Participant

I received this therapy during a clinical trial at NIH in 2011. They make you jump through a lot of hurdles to receive this treatment. You must be in overall good health other than the cancer. It was horrible as I had the worst pain I have ever had in my life during the treatment. It did not work as I had growth. I had a bad experience with a Dr. there.

On the plus side, my oncologist now says he thinks it helped somewhat, because I have had no growth for a year and he thinks it may be a late response to the TIL. However, I had Yervoy after the TIL. Who knows?

Tony
    Participant

Please find a christian church first, God does miracles , second look into God’s medicine available for Melanoma , God made us perfect,and he made sure we have the cure against this disease. Gossypin may cure melanoma BRAF , it comes in plants and you can make teas , natural teas, drink 1 liter a day, also you can get gossypin from the hisbiscus flower, and certain vegetables, then you have GRAVIOLA find the tea leaves and extract drink 1 liter of graviola per day also, you will beat this thing, look for GOD and what he gave us, Jesus loves us all do your search online GOD BLESS all of you Bye. Raise your vitamin A AND B levels.Do your online searches and talk to your doctor, BUT most important keep your focus on JESUS.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.