Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV tumor pain – MK-3475 – Keytruda

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CraigG
    Participant

Finally received my first dose of Keytruda, my health care insurance covered it. It is amazing what a little hope does for my disposition.

My only complaint for now is that of all the tumors I have had radiated, there is one just under my right armpit that still gives me discomfort. The pain killer oxycotin makes it acceptable, but physical movement sorta aggravates it.

Is there a topical ointment or something that could numb it up, when I know I am going to be physically active? I’ll be seeing my oncologist soon so of course I will be asking him as well.

This will be my 5th experimental chemo drug for melanoma, over 4 years, so I got my toes crossed. 8-)

Phoenix, AZ

Craig

msue5
    Participant

I have used Lidocaine patches on various areas on my lt leg where I have chronic neuropathy since having CLND of lt groin. I have also used them for back pain. Most of the time they help so worth a try. They are prescription but pretty harmless. They are 12 hrs on 12 hrs off.

Mary Sue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.