Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Understanding ADC treatment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Although Jonathan has posted an amazing explanation, I still get questions about this new therapy that isn’t quite in the spotlight, but promising. Here is an explanation: http://www.gene.com/stories/understanding-antibody-drug-conjugates

Celeste Morris
    Participant

For those of you interested in ADC’s (Antibody Drug Conjugate) – I gave the history of their use, a breakdown of what they are and how they work, as well as current efforts with them in a blog post on May 18, 2013. Perhaps it will help. Yours, Celeste

Francoise
    Participant

I would like to take this opportunity to thank both Catherine for bringing this trial to our attention when we were running out of options, as well as Celeste (and her husband Brent) who did a thorough research and convinced us to go ahead with it. Jonathan’s initial positive response was the results of their kind help.

Françoise (Jonathan’s wife)

odonoghue80
    Participant

Hi Francoise,

I saw a recent post that your husband Jonathan is on the Antibody Drug

Conjugate. I was hoping you can shed some light on that treatment and what

it entails? I have not seen much about it, but the treatment sounds

promising.

I’m struggling with decisions now because I have stage 4 melanoma and have

failed with IPI, BRAF drugs (Zelboraf), and about to fail the BRAF/MEK combo. So I

need to find the next option.

If you can share some thought or how you went about getting access to ADC I

would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Shane

odonoghue80@gmail.com

BNP68
    Participant

Shane,

If you want to learn about ADC a good place to start is Johnathan’s thread. He’s done a really good job of explaining the trial and chonicling is experience.

http://forum.melanomainternational.org/mif/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=34242

Brian

odonoghue80
    Participant

Thank you Brian. I didn’t see Jonathan’s original link. I am going to ask my oncologist about ADC tomorrow when I visit him. We also reached out to Sarah Cannon in TN to get more information.

Thanks,

Shane

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I think Jonathan’s story is the best beyond the scientific articles.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.