Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Update on TIL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hein
    Participant

Hi everybody,

Yesterday I had another 6 months checkup and I am still free of any canceractivity and complete healthy. This month 3 years ago I started to prepare for TIL and it turned out great for me.

In a few weeks time NKI in Amsterdam and the Danish Cancer Center will finally start a trial comparing TIL against Yervoy. Christie’s in Manchester will join a couple of months later. In total there will be room for 80 TIL’s.

My best wishes to all of you.

Hein

kylez
    Participant

Congratulations on your great continuing response Hein.

It’s occurred to me recently that I now have a lesion 3.2 x 3.6 x 5 cm large enough to probably consider fir TIl if my current tx fails for me. I’m US based.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Congrats Hein! I’m very happy you are still doing so well. As for locations, Kyle, in the U.S. NCI has had the most success and something the other two institutions haven’t been able to duplicate (MDA and Moffitt) So if you are truly interested in this treatment you should try NCI and it is free.

My personal opinion is that its not well proven yet and toxicity is extreme. I also realize we run out of options with melanoma too quickly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.