Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Update,question?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    msue5
    Participant

I haven’t posted In a while. I am post Yervoy for6 months and my second PET Scan showed only 1 rt pelvic node that was double in size and had SUV of 15. It is a deep node so can’t really feel plus I can’t compare sides since I had a flap procedure in lt groin. It’s exactly what they do at breast reconstruction where they take skin, tissue and muscle from a 9 inch incision in abdomen and transfer it underneath the skin and over to my lt groin. I have developed quite large hernia in my abdomen which I am getting different opinions about repairing. My next scans will be mid March. If there is more mets than there is a chance I will repeat Yervoy. My questions are: Is a second round of Yervoy FDA approved and is the braf and MEK combo approved or do Dr’s just prescribe them separately since they are both are approved?

For those in the greater D.C. Area I have been attending a Melanoma Support Group that is trying to

Restart a group that was poorly attended previously. It is at Life with cancer on Pennel St in Fairfax Va next Thursday Feb 13 from 6:30 till 8. It is about 1 mile off 495 so accesibile to D.C. , Maryland and Va. Google Life With Cancer in Fairfax Va for registration and Directions. Snacks and Drinks are available. Next meeting will be about getting to know others stories and experiences.

Hope everyone is doing well. I have my up days and my down days but doesn’t everyone?

Mary Sue

NYKaren
    Participant

Hi Mary Sue,

I had Yervoy twice with no problem from ins. Co. It was about a year apart.

Take care,

Karen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.