Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Very Interesting Data on Merck Pd1!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Data has so far been obtained for 85 of the 132 patients enrolled in the study. Of those patients, a total of 43 patients (51 percent) showed an objective anti-tumor response, and of those, 8 patients (9 percent) showed a complete response at or after the 12-week assessment. Notably, of the 27 patients who had previously been treated with ipilimumab monotherapy, the current standard of care for late-stage melanoma, 11 patients (41 percent) showed an objective anti-tumor response to MK-3475 monotherapy; none of those patients showed a complete response

Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/11/11/4405197/merck-presents-early-stage-interim.html#storylink=cpy

Sharmon
    Participant

Thanks very much for sharing this. Brents trial starts today. He goes in for blood work then a elecltrocardiogram. Later today he sees Dr. Weber for an exam then off to the infusion center.

I can tell you I am really scared this time. He has had so much pain with the bone mets that it has taken a lot out of him. If this do not …………I can’t even go there.

I love him so much and he has been a real fighter. It was five years a few months ago but it seems like a lifetime we have been fighting. Over half of our married life together.

Thanks again for being here with me through this, you have no idea what this forum has given me in ways of I can’t explain.

We are ready for the Mercks Anti PD 1. I pray it is ready for Brent.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I feel like i’ve been there for much of this journey with you Sharon and I sometimes we just have to have faith! This is one of the most promising things we have so why not give it a shot? Will they radiate the bone mets? Or does that disqualify from the trial. I hate to hear he is in pain and that often helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.