Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Very promising new drug trial – Genentech/Roche ADC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    jamesa
    Participant

Jonathan,

I found the following article today regarding Curetech and CT-011

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000892360&fid=1725

Headlines “CureTech reports positive melanoma Phase II study results”

“Clal Biotechnology Industries Ltd. (TASE: CBI) today announced that portfolio company CureTech Ltd. achieved encouraging results in a Phase II clinical trial of CT-011 for the treatment of metastatic melanoma, but that a second Phase II clinical trial of the same drug for the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer failed to achieve its primary and secondary endpoints.

The melamona efficacy study included 103 patients in the US and Israel who had failed to respond to previous therapies, including new therapies that are considered the best in the market. The study did not include a control group, because cancer patients in clinical trials are not given placebos. The study’s primary endpoint was the objective response rate in the number of tumors, which showed a moderate positive response of 10%. The secondary endpoint, the 12-month survival rate following the study, was a very good rate of 65%. “

Jonathan, I am happy to hear you are doing well. Are you back taking the drug or still on “holiday”. I will continue to pray for you.

Stay Well My Friend,

James

Jonathan
    Participant

James, good find! Of course, I’m interested in the Curetech claim. As I read it, they got a 10% response rate, which is nowhere near what the other anti-PD1 drugs have reported thusfar, with much larger sample sizes. So they have a new partner after Teva terminated their agreement – all very interesting. Time will tell, right? But it certainly means they’re not about to say their drug is a bust (which I had been naively hoping for).

Thanks again,

Jonathan

JManarite
    Participant

I am advocating for a friend who has been chasing brain mets with radiation and MRI. She is looking for options, but every trial we find requires they be absent, or controlled for 8 weeks. Too hard to do for her. She is still active, and does landscaping. Just can’t find a treatment.

Dx 2006 – AMelanotic; Clark IV, nodular type; 5.6 mm deep; margins +; sentinel node neg; Stage T4b

Multiple surgeries. Breast met surgery 2009 – BRAF neg.

March 2012 – MRI shows brain mets.

WBRT/ Cyberknife

She’s had ipi twice – responded first time, but not second time.

ANY IDEAS? Thank you so much.

jamesa
    Participant

Hi Jonathan,

I have been thinking about you and hope that you are doing well. I pray that your scans continue to show that you are still responding to the drug and your side effects are diminishing.

I hope you, Francoise, and your family have a Wonderful Holiday. Stay well my friend.

Wishing you the Best

James

Jonathan
    Participant

Hi James,

Thanks so much for your good thoughts and wishes. I’ve been a little remiss on posting, since “not much is happening”, which is basically a very good thing. The last scans (about a month ago) showed stability, and I’m mostly struggling with continuing anemia (mild – hemoglobin around 10.3) and peripheral neuropathy as a result of the drug. Neither one is terrible, and in fact I’ve started a drug for the neuropathy this last week which does seem to be working (Lyrica), except it has its own side-effects. Whatever, I’m able to enjoy life (if not run around at a breakneck pace) and my 8 month old grandaughter, who is a wonderful baby and gift.

I hope you have a great and wonderful holiday, James – take good care.

Jonathan

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.