Home Forums Newly Diagnosed Stage III/IV very urgent support needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hass71
    Participant

hello

my wife was diagnosed a few months ago with metastatic melanoma with a severe condition, and she started chemotherapy and till now there’s no progress in the treatment, in fact tumors are getting bigger, now the doctor prescribed Yervoy IPI but in our country this medication costs more than 100000$ and must be ordered specially for the patient, with no health insurance that covers it, and we can’t afford that amount of cost, i also got a recommendation on enrolling into clinical trial for pd-1 but i don’t have the information so i appreciate any support in this case ASAP

note

braf: negative

phone : +9613718835

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

You definitely should enroll in the PD1 trial. It is a very promising drug, more so than IPI. In a trial you should not have to pay for the medicine too. Where are you located?

hass71
    Participant

thank you for your reply, I’ve been told that you’re a very helpful and generous person

we’re located in Beirut, Lebanon.

we don’t have any trials here but if we had to travel I’ll be willing to, you know how this situation in difficult for us

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Israel is very current on melanoma treatment. If that is not possible, I would consider some of the European nations but there will be regulatory issues. I would ask your doctor to reach out for you to find the Expanded Access for the PD1. Please look at our global resource page: http://melanomainternational.org/web-resources/global-resources/#1

hass71
    Participant

during my search i found that there’s a possibility to have these trials for free because we can’t afford the high cost of these treatment and in our country the best thing to offer is chemotherapy which is doing nothing, so i appreciate any guidance to start this process before it’s too late

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Newly Diagnosed Stage III/IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.