Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Virotherapy and Latvian drug Rigvir – very much needed infor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Pobeda
    Participant

Hello, I’m from Russia, my mother melanoma with multiple MTS, was Zelboraf 5 months, then in research Dabrafenib 4 months, but 2 months ago began to increase metastasis of studies excluded, unfortunately, Russia still has not given permission to conduct research Nivolumab, perhaps they begin in February 2014, but it’s not exactly, I don’t want to lose time. I need information about the drug Rigvir is viroteraphi, invented in Latvia, share information about him good reviews on the site, but for some reason I have doubts about its effectiveness. Help information please!

Linny
    Participant

Hello Pobeda,

Unfortunately there isn’t much information here in the US about Rigvir. On the web you’ll find both positive and negative information and it’s all very confusing. I did some research not too long ago for someone on this forum and found a link to a study in Russian that was done on Rigvir. Here is the link to that study. Perhaps it can help:

http://www.virotherapy.eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/result.pdf” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.virotherapy.eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/result.pdf

There are some interviews on Youtube about patients who have done treatment with Rigvir. Some appear to be in Russian.

I can understand you having some doubts about it. But if you’re close to Riga, it may not hurt to visit the clinic to hear what they have to say. Since my husband was born in Latvia and speaks the language fluently, I’ve been tempted to visit them myself to hear what they have to say. But it’s a little far from the US.

Have you tried searching in Estonia or Finland to see if anyone there is researching nivomulab?

Pobeda
    Participant

Thank you for the information, I will continue to study the issue Rigvira turns out they have an office in Russia, yesterday I gave the phone the person who receives it, will be with him sogvanivatsya. Concerning nivolumab unfortunately Russian citizens do not want to take in research in Europe, and an opportunity to ride every month in a European country we do not have! We hope that our ministry of health will permit the company to conduct research nivolumab Bristol in our country!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I have many trial listings for Finland and Germany, Czech Republic also. This would be for PD-1 and possibly IPI access. I do not know of the drug you mention, but would aim towards those with the most research behind them. You can write me personally for a list of institutions in these countries. I have also reached out to a pharma rep in Russia for information.

Pobeda
    Participant

Thank you, we would like to try to get into the study nivolumab of Bristol!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

There is ongoing Yervoy extended access program in Russia (in Moscow and in Saint Petersburg).

it is possible to call to Dr. Kharkevich Galina Yurievna +7495 324-12-65. She is responsible for this program. You might be considered for participation if meets the inclusion criteria.

Linny
    Participant

Pobeda wrote:

Thank you, we would like to try to get into the study nivolumab of Bristol!

Best wishes to your mother, Pobeda. I hope that everything works out well for her.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Do you mean this trial: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT01844505?term=nivolumab+Bristol&rank=3&show_locs=Y#locn

I don’t see a Bristol (UK) location. But you can contact Bristol Myers Squibb Trail Connect folks for locations.

Pobeda
    Participant

Catherine, thank you for the information, with Kharkevich I contacted unfortunately Mama don’t take the access to ipilimumab, she already developed ascites!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I’m sorry to hear that. Does that disqualify her?

Pobeda
    Participant

Yes, unfortunately it will not take in the programme and in the research nivolumab also take

Latvian
    Participant

The person who invented the Rigvir already 40 years ago is well known in Latvia and the therapy is very effective. That’s a shame so little people know about that

http://www.viroterapija.lv/latvian_virotherapy_center_en.html

Pobeda
    Participant

Information about Rigvir lot, only specific data about its effectiveness, its praise, but there is no proof, if it is so good, why not use it in other countries. Now there are many liars, so I start doubting its efficiency!

Latvian
    Participant

I guess one of the reasons could be the fact that the scientist who invented the medicine does not want to sell the patent and want’ s to keep it “latvian” for patriotic reasons.

I can’t judge about effectiveness myself (thanks God) but this definitely is not a scam.

Pobeda
    Participant

Thank you all for the support, but on October 30 my mom died for our family it was a great surprise, we think we are still a long fight, but found that her heart has accumulated liquid and heart failed! I put all my soul I hate melanoma, and what she did come up with this medication. My mom was only 50 years! I wish all the patience and strength to fight!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.