• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    starlet2007
    Participant

i have been told that i have multiple brain mets that are growing an that i need whole brain radiation. Just wondering if others could tell me their experience from this and whether there mets started to grow back after a while?

JamesPBerger
    Participant

Hi,

My husband has melanoma in the brain also. He had brain surgery to remove the largest of the tumors but still has 2 more. We did one round of Yervoy and Zometa. He had 5 cyber knife treatments on the brain and 5 conventional treatments on the spine. Because of his unique medical condition(he has an ileostomy) either the Yervoy or the Zometa or the radiation caused him to have so much inflammation that he is given units of blood on a regular basis. He is due for an MRI on June 10 and will know if any of the treatments have worked. He has been in the hospital for 4 weeks now. They are weaning him off the TPN. If the constant bleeding wasn’t an issue, he would be home.

I will let you know if his MRI shows any improvement.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cheryl

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

We always recommend that SRS or gamma knife be the first choice of going after brain mets. Sometimes it takes multiple times but it is preferable to whole brain radiation. Are you in a top teaching institution? The neurosurgeon’s skills really matter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.