Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV We lost our Mom

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    WendyPam
    Participant

After a 3+ year battle with Mucosal Melanoma my Mom lost her fight on Nov 4th. We’re all thankful that it was a peaceful passing with all of us with her at home. I hope someday that more and more treatment options are available to the folks that are Braf Negative and C-kit negative. I know that sooner then later we’re going to find a cure for this horrible cancer. I still visit the boards and only wish the best for everyone fighting. Together we can beat this…. I will always be a part of the fight.

“Happy Holidays”

Regards,

Wendy

msue5
    Participant

I am so sad for the loss of your mother. I still think the caregivers play the hardest roles in this situation. My best friends husband was diagnosed with leukemia and listening to her taught me some of what my husband goes through. I hope you will soon be thinking about the good times more than the bad.

Mary Sue

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I feel for you and your family. It is true that mucosal seems to have the fewest options for treatment and makes it so difficult. You are a valuable member of our community here and we appreciate you sticking around when you can. Your mother will always be in your heart, as mine is almost daily. Take good care of you.

Anonymous

Wendy:

I’m so sorry. You were a tireless advocate for your Mom. She was blessed to have you as a daughter.

Now it’s time for you to rest and heal.

Jeff

DadZGirl
    Participant

So sorry to hear about your Mom’s passing Wendy.

Thinking of you and your family.

Thanks for sharing here.

Take care,

Laura

Shirley Z
    Participant

Hi Wendy,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mom. It is never easy, but even more difficult when it is so close to the holidays.

Wishing your family strength and peace.

Shirley Z

Laurie
    Participant

Wendy,

My heartfelt sympathy to you and your entire family on the loss of your mom. No matter how old you are, you always want your mother. It has been too many years since I lost my mom (different disease), but I still miss her. I knew she was in a better place, but it is still difficult. I am sure she was very grateful and proud of how you helped and supported her during her courageous battle.

Take some time to remember her, but also take some time to take care of yourself too.

Laurie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.