Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Webinar coming soon! Surgical options by MDA expert

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

The next webinar in our 2015 series will feature Jeffrey Gershenwald, MD, the medical director of the Melanoma and Skin Center at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, discussing “Surgical Treatments for Melanoma.”

Send any questions you would like me to ask for you to: cpoole@melanomainternational.org

rick1981
    Participant

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for the offer.

Two questions:

– Since melanoma often spreads to the liver (first) in Stage IV melanoma, are there any (future) surgical options to treat this? Transplants?

– This is technically not about surgery, but maybe he knows something about this as well: there is more and more talk about the synergistic effect of radio therapy and Yervoy/Opdivo/Keytruda, what’s the latest in this field?

Thanks,

Rick

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

We had a bit of delay but plan to have this soon and I would love to have your questions to ask the doctor.

Mikers
    Participant

Dear Catherine, two questions just if time will allow to answer:

– how laparoscopy is reliable in case of tumor removal? Basically our doctors say that only abdominal surgery is used in order not to miss something.

– particularly in case of my wife – does it worth to make surgery in case of many small (up to 1cm) mets in both lungs or this is undue risk?

Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.