• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Amanda78
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve tried many times to launch the pathology webinar unsuccessfully. I downloaded the blue light program and the black viewing box launches but I can’t seem to play the webinar – there are codec errors and buffering never reached 100%. Anyone have any tips? Thanks so much

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

For some odd reason we had a few people with issues with this. Can you write to: lisa@melanomainternational.org and she can help you figure out the best way to access it. Thank you for your patience.

krissy424
    Participant

i had major problems getting that Webinar to play. I have a copy of what worked for me. Unfortunately, the forum is not letting me send a PM or an E-Mail to Amanda.

It’s an excellent Webinar.

Kris

krissy424@charter.net

Worrywart
    Participant

I could never get it to work either, but I’d love to watch it!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

We have had an issue with the company that we pay to archive it for us starting with that webinar and continuing with the webinar from last week. We will continue to work on making it work for everyone. Thanks for your patience and it would help if you write your specific issues to: lisa@melanomainternational.org so she can troubleshoot it. By the way, I just tried it with no issues. Did you click on the Webinar tab above, and then click on Pathology WEbinar with is all the way to the left, not in the usual blue box line-up? Can you try from Firefox?

Amanda78
    Participant

Hi- I sent an email to Lisa with the issues I’ve encountered. I did follow that course of accessing the webinar Catherine so there is something else at play. Will let you all know how I make out and will pass on tips.

Amanda78
    Participant

My husband is abroad and he’s able to access audio for this webinar but not video…

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I assure you we are working on it. We may have to change webinar companies as we can’t get their support on this either. But many can access this and others can’t, it is very odd. Stay tuned!

Worrywart
    Participant

I just tried that Catherine and still no luck. It gets to screen that says READY, but won’t play. Tried Firefox and Google Chrome,….no luck!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

We just reposted on the webinar link from this page, try that link..let me know.

Amanda78
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks Catherine – I was able to view the pathology webinar and I am more PETRIFIED than EVER!!!

I was staged as 1B in May – negative SLNB deep shave 1.4mm lentigionous (looked like a tiny mole I am not kidding) unulcerated melanoma on upper arm with 3 mitoses. One report had a slight variation with regard to mitosis. Also, no additional melanoma found in WLE. I realize any shave is bad for staging!

Oncolocgist Dr McWhirter in Hamilton ON Canada told me I am “low risk with early lesion” I tried to dispute that thought because depth is over 1mm plus the mitosis but she didnt budge.

I am moving to Switzerland in 2 days to be followed by Dr Dummer at University of Zurich. Now I relaize with a microscropic cancer scanning isnt the gold standard. However, since most recurrences are within 5 years (realize quite a few even after 10 year mark) what would be the harm in scanning a patient like myself? I am super scared about the future. I have so much anxiety and nothing seems to completely alleviate it. I feel like I am going to wake up and feel everything is fine only to find out I have 15 tumors inside my body – but how will I catch this? If I am not being scanned even every will I ever truly know what is growing? That is why this is the silent killer! I know we have to be vigiliant but by the time tumors make themselves present isnt it a tad on the late side? My whole life is turned upside down. I just got married and am joing my husband in Switzerland this week. I am terrified of preganancy as I have met a few ppl at our Canadian Melanoma chapter who have gone to Stage 4 after many years of being fine after becoming pregnant. One young woman only had an unulcerated .3 on her neck! I feel like I am living in constant fear and since mine was a deep shave maybe I will never know my true depth – I can even be worse off than I am thinking right now. I have my first appt with Dr Dummer in Zurich in late September – not sure if you have any suggestions on what additionally I can ask him?

Thanks

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Amanda,

If scans will make you feel better than you go ahead with them. They will normally only show a tumor, not microscopic cells. I’m sorry the webinar scared you instead of empowering you with knowledge. The usual timeframe for recurrence is 2 years. So it is good you will be followed closely. There’s no guarantees in life about anything, but if you are followed closely an don’t ignore possible symptoms, you will likely find any (if any) recurrence should it show up. Dont’ forget to take care of your head too, try to find out about mindful meditation to clear this scary thoughts you have. Also, exercise regularly and aerobically. The panic should subside over time. Let us know how you are doing.

krissy424
    Participant

i can view it now, but could not untill i did these steps below. worked for me.

You need Windows Media player first of all.

ADD

Windows Media Firefox Plug-In

i don’t use nor do i have Firefox, but you must have this plug in for the wenbinars evidently.

Safe dowload exe file auto installs when you click on it.

http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/ … n-download

AND ADD

Codec called “go to meeting’

OR G2M4

safe dowload exe file auto installs when you click on it.

https://www1.gotomeeting.com/codec?Port … eeting.com

I’m Vista and using Opera browser and this works.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I had to download Silverlight and then it was fine. Didn’t need all of those other steps you mention Krissy

Worrywart
    Participant

it works! will watch tonight!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.