Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Yervoy 2nd dose

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    msue5
    Participant

All my neuropathy symptoms have been gone since 2nd day of Prednisone. I have been tapering down from the prednisone slowly but saw Oncologist today and I will be tapering faster than planned. This will make me eligible for 2nd dose on Monday June 3. He advised me that BMS said 1 more adverse event is all they will allow me. Normal side effects are acceptable but due to Lupus at the 1st sign of autoimmune event and I will have to go off. I am relieved to be starting again. I will still get bloodwork weekly to monitor. My family and I are participating in the local Relay for life this weekend. The infusion clinic invites all the patients to a reception before the event. They are a special group of nurses that love their job and their patients.

Mary Sue

msue5
    Participant

Found out today that my Yervoy 2nd infusion might not be till Wed instead of Monday. It had to do with dispensing pharmacy.My first was 4/22 then on hold for neuropathy and Prednisone. For some reason this 2 day delay made me break down. I first became stage 4 in Oct with thoracic nodes mets which I had 2 unsuccessful resections done and Cyberknife but there was progression at 6 wks and more mets in neck and lt rib and rt axillary. All visible nodes are very enlarged from 1st Yervoy and still enlarging 5 wks later. I just feel like a ticking time bomb. Haven’t had scans since Feb so I don’t know what else is going on inside but the Yervoy inflammed nodes that weren’t measurable on Feb scans. Sometimes its the little things like a 2 day delay that make me lose it. Ok I feel better now!

Mary Sue

Celeste Morris
    Participant

Don’t despair, Mary Sue…even though you would be completely entitled it you did!! Hang in there. You know that ipi often has a delayed response and causes an inflammatory reaction before eradicating those tumors! You got this!!! Hurry up Wednesday. I understand. C

dkmc
    Participant

Mary Sue- hang in there…it is the little things-like a delay that can really be “the straw that broke the camels back” I am hoping IPI will work its magic…but the waiting stinks…oh how I hate waiting! Karen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.