Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV yervoy ipi and steroid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    njreaders
    Participant

will it affect yervoy ipi effectiveness if my husband, who has several brain mets, is on 50 mg steroids 2x a day. He was admitted to the hospital with falling, and severe cognitive impairment.

He had brain radiation last fall and had all 4 doses of Yervoy ipi. They thought his tumors were swelling from the MRI upon admission. Could this be from Yervoy ipi.

He is so fatigued that he could sleep all day. Both the fatigue and several muscle weakness started right after the 3rd dose of Yervoy.

msue5
    Participant

I was on Prednisone 2 times during my infusions and 1 more time a month or 2 after IPI all starting at 100 mg and then taper down rather quickly. Muscle weakness can be a serious side effect from steroids but I would also be worried about IPI affecting adrenal glands. But the good news is IPI worked and I went from multiple nodes affected to just 1 enlarged pelvic node. So don’t worry about it not working but do let Dr know about the side effects. The have the potential to be serious.

Hope all turns out well.

Mary Sue

njreaders
    Participant

thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.