Home Forums Melanoma: Stage III Yervoy question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Laniebug6
    Participant

Hello- quick re-intro as it has been a long time since I have been on here.

I am 34 and was diagnosed with 3a vulvar melanoma in Jan 2010. Had surgeries I care not go explain along with LND then started a ipi vs placebo trial.

I will finish the infusion phase of the trial in July, so I am now 120 weeks in. I have been pretty convinced I was on the placebo arm until today. My antibody level (i dont really understand this part, titer 1 is 1;160) is showing immune response and my doctor was seriously giddy over it. Anyone ever heard of a response after so long? It’s hard for me to believe since I have been convinced that any fatigue or other possible symptoms were just a result of being a mom to 4.

Thanks for any input!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Great to hear from you. I don’t know the answer, but will do some research. Sounds like good news and I am happy to hear you are doing well!! And four children would certainly tire me out!

Laniebug6
    Participant

Thank you, Catherine!

I really appreciate you! It has been weird never really knowing and not really showing any real obvious side effects that give me a clear idea. It’s a double blinded study so it’s all guess work. From what the onc nurse has told me lots of people had to drop out because the side effects were too severe. It’s hard for me to believe that almost 3 years later I would start to respond. I am almost done with the trial and regardless of what I am getting I am content. Just curious!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Melanie,

Our scientific folks say it depends on “what particular” antibody titer you are referring. Otherwise, if could be your own body doing a great job!~

Shirley Z
    Participant

Hi Melanie,

So happy to hear you are doing well. It was nice to log on and see your post.

I hope things continue to go well for you.

Take care,

Shirley Z

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Hey Shirely,

Good to hear from you too! We’re having a reunion here. I’m so happy both you and Melanie are doing well. Happy Spring!

Shirley Z
    Participant

Hey Catherine,

Happy Spring to you also. Hoping you have a beautiiful day for the event.

Is your little guy going to be there?

Wishing you sunshine and perfect weather.

Shirley Z

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

We have shade or rain umbrellas either way! Thanks for your good wishes. Of course my little grandson will be there and hope to steal a few minutes with him. You were right, babies (especially someone elses) are the best!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Stage III’ is closed to new topics and replies.