- This topic is empty.
July 1, 2013 at 7:19 pm #21415msue5Participant
I haven’t posted in a while. The 3rd dose of Yervoy is on hold while I taper prednisone down. A few days before my scheduled dose I developed rt neck, temple pain and dull headache, vertigo and nausea so I was put on Prednisone and Brain MRI was done which was negative. The dr concluded that it was nerve impingement from the swollen nodes. My neck continues to swell and is very painful if I don’t have it supported with a pillow behind it. I also can feel some pressure on my esophagus and have choked a couple of times drinking liquids. I have a Dr appt tomorrow and blood draw. I am surprised that things are swelling still since last Yervoy was 6/2. Could anyone give me the timeline they experienced while on Yervoy? When things started shrinking, how long they continued to have the inflammation etc. I also have a node in my rt groin that is about the size of an egg that becomes very painful when on my feet for a time. Something is pressing on it when I stand for too long. Any info would be appreciated. My 4th infusion might not happen because the Yervoy doses have to be given within a certain time period. I will be happy if I can get 3.
Mary SueJuly 2, 2013 at 3:44 pm #61608Catherine PooleKeymaster
Sorry, I don’t have any answers for you, but hopefully your doctor will. Let us know how you are doing.July 3, 2013 at 12:53 am #61609NYKarenParticipant Mary Sue,
When I was trying for my 4th dose of Yervoy (which thankfully I didn’t receive) I THINK it was a 16 week window from 1st to 4th, and remember, if all goes smoothly, infusions 1 -4 is only 10 weeks, not 12 as some think. Also my doc told me that they can be lenient when it comes to week limit. I hope this is still the case and that it helps.
(Revised to say “infusions” not “weeks.” wishing you the best.July 4, 2013 at 12:54 am #61610msue5Participant
At appt yesterday with Med Onc he is concerned about swelling around vital structures such as trachea and esophagus. He set up appt with Radiation Onc to see if Radiation to neck is possible. I am having CT of neck on Fri and will see Rad Onc next week. Karen thank you for 16 week comment. Now I remember him saying that. If no more complications I should just be able to squeeze the 4th one in. I am concerned about radiation doing even more damage to my esophagus as I am having trouble swallowing liquids. I remember many of my patients having to restrict thin liquids due to choking hazard. You would think solid food would be worse but there are more muscles involved in liquids. I have had 2 prior consults at this facility and 1 time was referred out for Cyberknife and the other time it was decided that the risk of damaging delicate groin tissue outweighed the benefit. So I feel confident she will decide if this will be beneficial for me.
- The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.