Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Yervoy questions.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    msue5
    Participant

I have had 2 infusions of Yervoy and started with inflammation of a known node on rt neck before 2nd infusion.Since then I have had more swollen nodes in my neck and above my clavicle. I node is huge on rt neck probably 3×3 inches. The nodes on that side have all kinds morphed into 1 big swollen area that is very visible. Some areas are very painful others not. 2 days ago I found enlarged node in rt groin which is painless. My primary was lt thigh. I haven’t had scans since Feb then all the debate about Zelboraf vs Yervoy started. My tumor load according to Feb scans was low with a couple of thoracic nodes, rt axillary node and rt neck node which was so small there was no measurement given. This is the 3×3 inch one. One question I have is do all the nodes that swell mean there is Melanoma there? I wish I had been scanned before I started the yervoy because I’m wondering how much my tumor load changed since Feb.I started Yervoy4/22.No one really knows how much disease I had by the time I started Yervoy.Maybe Zelboraf would have been the better choice. My 2nd question is how long does this inflammatory stage last? Any help would be appreciated. I go today for bloodwork and Dr. appt.

Mary Sue

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

These are good questions to ask your doctor today. I would also consider getting on a Pd1 trial since it has higher response rate than Yervoy. You might ask when the braf/mek combo drugs will be available that were just approved. I think CAT scans might be a good idea since you need to measure if the therapies are working or not. Again, you need to have a talk with your doc about these issues. Let us know how your visit goes.

msue5
    Participant

No Pd trials for me because of Lupus. I will find out more info today.

Mary Sue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.