Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Zelboraf and Liver Levels

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    erinmay22
    Participant

I’m wondering what folks liver levels have been on Z. I started taking May 30th. Had to take a 1 week break due to severe rash. Before taking Z my ALT level was around 16. Then 10 days on it was at 40 and then 2 weeks later at 120. I think normal range for women is between 5-37. They are doing repeat labs again on Thursday. Guessing that is to watch my liver levels.

Also my Bilirubin was at 0.9 on 5/22 (before taking Z) and then actually at 0.7 10 days later but 2 weeks after at 1.7. These were taken this past Friday!

I started Z because in May I had a section of my small intestine with significant wall thickening. And my hemoglobin had dropped to 5.6. On Friday it was up to 10.8 (I did have a blood transfusion 5/22 which brought it up around 9.7).

Any suggestions on what to avoid to help with liver levels elevated? I know Alcohol and other medications.

Thanks,

Erin

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Erin,

I haven’t seen this addressed before. I would check with the folks at http://www.zelboraf.com, there is an oncology nurse there you can call and of course talk to your doctor.

erinmay22
    Participant

Thanks Catherine. That’s right I always forget about the nurse hotline that Zelboraf has. I may check with them to see what they typically see. I am guessing the reason my doctor called to set up another blood test this week was to keep an eye on it. So I’ll ask him about it as well.

I’m surprised no one has brought this up before? I know lots of medications can raise liver enzymes.

Shirley Z
    Participant

Hi Erin,

How are you feeling? Think of you often. Hope things are going ok for you.

Shirley Z

erinmay22
    Participant

Hi Shirley!

I am actually feeling pretty good. WAY better than the rash week :). Joint pain seems to have gone. Some fatigue but moving much better! We are going to do scans jul 11. I am leaving on Jul 28 to spend a long weekend in Scotland and then 5 days in London for the Olympics. I told my doctor he better not ruin my vacation :) lol!

I hope you are doing well! And have a fabulous and safe 4th of July!!!

Shirley Z
    Participant

Hi Erin,

So happy to hear you are feeling well.

You must be so excited about your trip. Thats right! You keep that tough girl attitude. Enjoy that vacation. It sounds wonderful! Just don’t overdo.

Praying for great scans. Keep us posted.

Shirley Z

erinmay22
    Participant

Hi Shirley – happy 4th of July!!

Yes I am feeling really good! and trying to keep up a touch girl attitude! lol! The vacation will be great but yes I’ll try and not overdo it. Luckily I know the friends I’m traveling with are pretty understanding and low key!

Will keep you all posted on my scans I have next week!

Have a safe and fabulous 4th!

Erin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.